Categories
Reflection

Memorandum Reflection

Joshua Valle

2/12/24

Engl 21007

I have never done writing similar to this assignment. The only writing that i’ve done that could be considered similar was for my AP spanish literature and composition class in my high school senior year where I had to write an email responding to a prompt in spanish by answering the prompt, asking two questions in return that is related to the prompt, and writing as if I am in this situation itself.

My writing tells a story of disadvantage. I’ve always been at a disadvantage so I try to use pathos to get the attention of the reader. This also makes readers feel involved and want to be on my side on whatever I am discussing or supporting. 

This writing assignment has helped me realize that I understand better after having visual examples. I was lost at first when writing this assignment until I started looking over the example memos. After looking at the example memos, I began to understand the structure and the basis of a Memorandum. Although, I don’t think I have perfected the Memorandum, I do think that I did a lot better on this assignment than I would of last semester.

When doing the peer review, I noticed that everything that I wanted to stick out, stood out. I wanted to highlight the fact that certain people with disabilities need escalators and elevators to get to the upper levels which is something all of my group members didnt think to include until reading my piece.